where do you get replacement lcd screens

I have a 15" Prima lcd TV with built in dvd player. The screen is cracked. Can you buy replacement screens for theese or no?

Thanks

Reply to
Pinballer

Quite possibly, but I'd bet money that the spare part price for the panel will be nearly as (or even higher) than the retail price of a new TV. (It's certainly the case with most laptops.)

--
   W  "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."
 . | ,. w ,

I've heard that too. Doesn't look good

Reply to
Pinballer

I did Prima warranty repairs, but not now, as the service is non existant, from B.C. I can get you a price, if it's available, but you need to post a model number. Likely, not economical. Dani.

Reply to
Dani

You are absolutely correct. I have a 7 year old laptop and needed a few parts. It was cheaper buying a used which was great because I got to swap out borderline parts also. (laptop pismo from apple $110)

Also my presario 1500 has a bad lcd and a used one sells for $200 nowadays.

Reply to
davidlaska

You will have to go to the original manufacture distributor for this type of part. I can tell you from past experience, the cost of the screen will be very close or maybe more than replacing the TV set.

Jerry G.

--------

P> I have a 15" Prima lcd TV with built in dvd player. The screen is cracked.

Reply to
Jerry G.

The model number of the tv is LV150B02X if that helps. The tv is brand new but maybe last years model.

Thanks Brian

Reply to
Pinballer