What's the deal with Philips/Norelco razor batteries?

My new Phillips razor (8150XL) has a lithium-ion battery. It fully recharges in 1 hour, but the manual says to charge it 4 hours the first time it's used.

Could someone please explain why the initial charge takes (at least supposedly) 4 hours? Especially for a Li-ion battery, this doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks.

Reply to
<nospam

JR North

wrote in news:fskPh.3396$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net:

battery conditioning. Also,many Li-ion batteries now use a processor IC to monitor charge state and control the recharging,and it needs to develop baseline data.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik