plasma tv fault

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? On an Orion Electric 'Vision PM4204' plams monitor I have the top half of the screen working fine, but the bottom half changes intermittently between total black and correct picture. What are should I be looking in Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick Williams

If you're lucky, a loose connector or cracked solder joint, otherwise you should be looking at a new set. Does it respond to tapping, temperature, or vibration?

Reply to
James Sweet

Hi James, thanks for your reply, at least yours is sensible. It may be temperature dependent, but it's hard to tell. Fortunately I have been given the set, so I am not to bothered if I can't fix it.

Reply to
Nick Williams

Look at the Y drive. If you don't have service data good luck, in fact good luck anyhow because most of these no name sets are not meant to be fixed when they break. Parts are just not available. If you're a tech then you'll pull your hair but maybe the IPM is bad, you could just sub parts out.

Reply to
cummings

its X drive board or drivers after this board.check the boards that is connected directly to the screen by flexible cable.Some IC chips drivers could be bad.Try to swap them for example bottom boards on top and top to bottom and see what happens.If its will be the same replace X-board(the huge board usually on the right hand side of tv if you will see directly on back cover of tv)If you cannot find it I can help you.I need just brand of tv,model and serial number.Thanks

Reply to
Max