Board level TV repair

I have an Advent TV that has the RF input connector broken off. I removed the back to see what I could do to make repairs.

The RF connector is an integral part some "module" that is soldered to a PC board.

Anyone have any ideas on where to find board level components so I can make the repair myself. I'm just not willing to put out 100 bux for the whole circuit board.

Thanks....

Reply to
Bishoop

I think you would get a better response in a group like sci.electronics.repair

--
Jonathan Grobe Books
Browse our inventory of thousands of used books at:

PC

ake

ole

om

YOU ARE CORRECT

Reply to
hrhofmann

Thanks for the tip.

Took apart the module with the missing connector and I think I have almost completed a repair. I'll be powering it up shortly.

Reply to
Bishoop

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 13:53:48 -0400, "Bishoop" put finger to keyboard and composed:

If this module is a large rectangular metal can, then you are looking at a tuner. These can be purchased as complete modules, or as refurbished exchange units, or you can repair the existing tuner by removing the broken connector and adapting and soldering a replacement connector to the tuner housing.

IIRC, I used to use this type of adapter and cut the bottom end off:

You will have to solder a short wire between the centre pin and the tuner PCB. Before soldering the connector to the can, you should roughen up the contact areas with sandpaper.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

As I indicated in an earlier reply post to this thread I was able to initiate a repair and the TV is working through the RF connector just like brand new.

Thanks to all that replied with helpful tips.

Reply to
Bishoop