Toolkit for Deskjet 1000C under Win2000?

On Win98, there was a diagnostic/head cleaning/etc. set of software tools but is there something similar under Win2000? Or, a generic version for HP printers?

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried the 98 drivers for the Windows 2000 setup? Sometimes that will work, sometimes not.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Sam,

According to the HP web site, the most current driver is already integrated into the Windows 2000 OS. I am running an older HP870Cxi printer that is similar to yours, and I can access the cleaning and alignment utilities under the printer control panel screen. They are just under a different tab. I am running XP, and this was installed over the Windows ME I used to use so this might be different or the toolkit may have already been there.

Bob

excessive

is

Reply to