Regenerative Power supply

Hello Pals There is this concept that I don't understand. Its all about generating power (AC of course)from from a group of batteriers and tapping some of the output to charge the batteries-- so it becomes a cycle. Infact I have challenged this concept until I head it in the news that someone has developed one in Ghana and he is actually using it to power his house and a car. My simple college physics tells me that this will not be possible since no machine or device is 100% efficient. Can someone brief me on this or show me where I can get more info on this topic. Thanks to all.

Reply to
fynnashba

In a word, BS. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

This Guy in Ghana , Most probably has a relative in Nigeria that wishes to put $10.000.000.00 into your Bank Account. Haven't you answered your own question ?

kip

My simple college physics tells me that this will not be possible since no machine or device is 100% efficient.

Can someone brief me on this or show me where I can get more

Reply to
kip

There is no free lunch.

Seriously...the only thing I know of that does "something" like this, more output than input (in appearance) is a heat pump, and it has an auxiliary source of heat which actually provides the heat.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Look for "free power" - often sold in 'Jesus' magazines.

NSM

And converting AC to DC to charge batteries and then back again to AC is going to be *very* much less than 100% efficient.

Snake oil springs to mind.

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would say unless he running a superconductor it is impossible

Reply to
darren

Doesn't matter, impossible period.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

"Sam Goldwasser" bravely wrote to "All" (28 Jun 05 15:32:03) --- on the heady topic of "Re: Regenerative Power supply"

SG> From: Sam Goldwasser SG> Xref: ae > Hello Pals > There is this concept that I don't understand. Its all about > generating power (AC of course)from from a group of batteriers and > tapping some of the output to charge the batteries-- so it becomes a > cycle. Infact I have challenged this concept until I head it in the > news that someone has developed one in Ghana and he is actually using > it to power his house and a car. My simple college physics tells me > that this will not be possible since no machine or device is 100% > efficient. Can someone brief me on this or show me where I can get more > info on this topic.

SG> In a word, BS. :)

That is 2 words... the right word to use would be: "kook"! Similar to the idea of running a car engine on dihydrogen oxide.

A*s*i*m*o*v

... Wasted power is current squared times the resistance.

Reply to
Asimov

Except in the Twilight Zone!

NSM

Apparently, that's where too many people dwell these days. ;)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Your college physics is correct. It is always the case that these things either don't work or there is some unaccounted for source of energy. Usually there is fraud involved.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Potter

"What-ur" you talking about? :-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Or the advertising world inhabited by scam artists

David

NSM wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

I built the same thing the guy in Ghana built, it works great but the batteries keep dying... ;-)

Sal

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" wrote:

Reply to
Sal Brisindi

You've probably overlooked the fact that on this side of the equator the polarity is reversed.

Just put the batteries in other way around and you'll be OK

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ken, I'll give that a shot, do I have to install the batteries upside down too?

Sal

Ken Weitzel wrote:

Reply to
Sal Brisindi

On 28 Jun 2005 12:00:30 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The best you can achieve in a car is to use the car's own kinetic energy to partially recharge its batteries when the car is coasting, or to use the car's kinetic energy to assist in braking.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I saw something of this nature about 10 years ago, it's an investment scam, no machine can violate the laws of science.

Reply to
James Sweet

No point in that unless you're stopping.

Instead of friction brakes you use the load from the charging system to slow the car. So instead of wasting energy in the form of heat from the friction of the brakes, you put that energy into the batteries.

But there's nothing new about this - things like the London tube trains have done this for years, although they don't charge batteries but dump that energy back into the power supply which then effectively gets used by other trains.

IC engined buses might spin up a flywheel to brake then use this stored energy to help start off again.

IIRC, the term is regenerative braking.

--
*Too many clicks spoil the browse *