Magnavox Schematic

Does anyone have a Magnavox schematic or service manual that they would like to sell for a Model TS2554 C101 or chassis number 25B800-7562? I've got a loss of vertical deflection. Thanks--------Bill

Reply to
Bill B

Bill B: In the majority of repairs with the symptom you described a service manual or schematic is rarely required. Look for the vertical deflection chip, usually a SIP .... check for cracked solder connections. Also check all of electrolytics with an ESR meter near and around the chip (no ESR meter? .... just replace ALL of them... only about 5 or 6 caps) If the chip is shorted, it will have to be replaced, in that case look for a loss of flyback derived B+.... shorted diode, open low-ohm resistor, etc. For more hints and help you should go to the website for this newsgroup at

There, with some searching, you will find a wealth of specific and relevant information.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Bill B"  wrote in message
> Does anyone have a Magnavox schematic or service manual that they would
> like to sell for a Model TS2554 C101 or chassis number 25B800-7562?
> I've got a loss of vertical deflection.
> Thanks--------Bill
Reply to
sofie

Thanks for the response. I already checked the ESR of the caps around the cable connector going to the vertical coil and they looked ok. I checked the front to back of the diodes in the same area and they seemed ok. I'll download the pinouts for the vertical chip and see if anything really stands out-----it's just easier if you have the schematic and not have to reverse engineer the darned thing.

Reply to
Bill B