Technics Tuner Amp Dead

Hi there! I have a Technics Tuner Amp Model: SA-EHS70 which has gone dead. There's red LED indicating that the power from the wall socket is present. I tested the power supply environment but found no fault. Before the equipment stopped functioning, it had a problem with sound, a distorted sound. Now when I switch it on, I can only hear the click of sound from the speakers only once and that's all. Every time I swicth the power button I will hear that sound and the LED will remain on with no display on the panels.

Zakes

Reply to
Zakes

This sounds like failed components in both the power supply, and the output stage. These areas can be a challenge for an experienced tech to service. You should take the unit to a service centre to have a proper estimate done for you.

--

JANA _____

Zakes

Reply to
JANA

Does this unit have remote control capability? If so, your symptoms are exactly as I experienced a couple years ago with a Radio Shack/RCA tuner-amp. On power application, the front panel display was lit (the unit was in standby mode). When the power switch was pressed, a relay clicked and everything went dark. Turned out to be a bad power transformer. There was a standby power supply that kept the remote control circuits and display alive during standby. When the power switch was pressed, the power relay energized, transferring power to the main power supply, which was dead because of the power transformer. The power transformer had an open primary. I tried to open it to see if the over-temp fuse was open, but the windings were potted in hard plastic.

Turned out that RS wanted more for the transformer than a replacement tuner-amp would have cost. I turned the unit into a parts supply. Cheers!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
Reply to
DaveM