Substituting power supply transistor on Nokia 7174 tv, BUF405A

I have this one in with a blown bridge rectifier, replaced all diodes and found BUF405A to be bad as well. A chassis from another nokia which lookes very similar has a BUT18AF in the same position. Datasheets tell me this is not the same part, even while it's not far off. Can i substitute the BUT18Af or do i have to order the original (pain in da ... here)? As well, has anyone experience with this chassis, common faults... I suspect a small lightning strike but at first can't find any more bad parts. Thanks

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Bart Bervoets ha escrito:

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but you could try installing the but18f (assuming it has similar votage capacity, response time etc...), disconnecting the line stage and powering the set with a series light bulb to at least get a rough idea of whether you stand a chance of success. good luck,

-B.

Yeah, that was my second bet, just wanted a second opinion.

and

the

off.

da