RCA 32V434 Dead set

howdy, I have a RCA model# 32v434 that has no picture and no sound. I have checked the fuse. When first plugged in you can hear a relay click and if you press the power button the power light flashes on and off until you unplug it. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary L. Woodruff

I would suspect your set is going into an over current condition. Check for a shorted component in the HV circuit for a start. If nothing is found there, check for the same in the LV circuits. I trust you do have the necessary instruments and knowledge?? If not, take it to someone who does, it will be cheaper and safer in the long run.

Reply to
Ken

Do you have prior experience repairing anything 'electronic'? Especially something that has lethal voltages inside?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Howdy all, Yes I am proficient with all test equipment. I am aware of the proper procedure to discharge a flyback etc. I do not have a HV probe. I have read the flyback and HOT are common failures in RCA's. I do not have years of experience with TV's and have not repaired any in

15 years or more. I am looking for some general guidance or someone with many years of TV repair that can SMELL whats wrong!

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary L. Woodruff

I smell a need for a print with voltages.

While I appreciate your proficiency with test equipment it's a totally different 'animal' to use it in a way that safely and properly guides you to your destination(s). HOT problems can be difficult to diagnose given it is a core function of the set with many interdependencies and higher standards of tolerances for safety concerns like X-ray emissions.

I for one can't really take you by the hand and walk you through different trouble shooting scenarios for your particular set because I chose not to work on them after 15 years. And that was 15 years ago. But maybe you'll get lucky and someone will chime in with what parts you need to replace or things to check and what sequences to check them in.

Reply to
Meat Plow