Help Connecting RG59 Coax

My house was wired with RG-59 coax for tv. The wiring was run in series with 3 coax in some boxes. Is there any way to make this work or should I just start over? Thanks

Reply to
Nick4

Dick

What's the problem?

minimize spam.  Our true address is of the form che...@prodigy.net.
Reply to
CJT

I am trying to running a signal from satellite tv to the other rooms one problem is that there is limited room in the outlet box for the coax to be connected together and signal strength at the far end is the other issue.

Reply to
Nick4

A couple of problems, poor signal at the end and limited room in the boxes.

Reply to
Nick4

series

should

Are you wanting to send the RF output from the satellite box out to the other rooms with the cable, or are you trying to use the cable to get the satellite signal to the satellite box from the dish? If it is the latter, RG59 is not suitable for a 12 gHz satellite signal. The loss is too great for any runs over about 20 feet to be useful.

Reply to
Michael Ware

Reply to
Dick

I am sending RF output from the satellite box, the biggest issue is connecting the coax together in the boxes in each of the rooms. I have standard 2X4 boxes with up to 3 coax cables in each which is very crowded, a potential solution could be to tear out the boxes and put in a larger one, I was looking for an easier solution to tying the coax together.

Reply to
Nick4

What about using 90degree elbow connectors (male to female) inside those boxes, it might give you that extra bit of room to work with.

Reply to
reply

Reply to
Michael Ware