2N60B substitute?

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:07:35 +0200, Bart Bervoets ha scritto:

Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G.

--
Inty.Evolution
intiglietta@email.it -> per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

It looks likely the OP has made an error in identifying the part - it doesn't seem very likely that an ancient germanium transistor would be found in a Compaq PC-PSU!

Reply to
ian field

"Bart Bervoets" hath wroth:

Wrong part number. You're missing some digits in the part number. My guess is that it's a 2n60xx or something similar. The "B" might actually be an "8" but I doubt it. The 2n608 is an old small signal PNP TO-5 xsistor which would never appear in a modern power supply.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:29:59 +0200, ian field =

ha scritto:

2N60B =3D N-Channel 600 Volt Mosfet (I-PAK)
--

Inty.Evolution
intiglietta@email.it -> per email normali e con immagini Jpeg
Reply to
Inty XP

Jeff Liebermann hath wroth:

Oops. It probably really is a 2N60B.

It's carried by both Digikey and Mouser.

so no substitute is really necessary.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

2N60B = N-Channel 600 Volt Mosfet (I-PAK)
--
Inty.Evolution
intiglietta@email.it -> per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

"Try 2N1925,2N476,AC126,MP21G" Hmm!?.
Reply to
ian field

Any numbers i can substitute for this? From a compaq pc power supply and this supply is very expensive, so it's worth to try fixing. After fixing i test in an old PII so if it blows, i don't take the good machine down.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:45:41 +0200, ian field ha scritto:

Maybe the Datasheetarchive gave me those equivalent with the "2N60" and not for a "2N60B"

--
Inty.Evolution
intiglietta@email.it -> per email normali e con immagini Jpeg
Reply to
Inty XP

Someone else posted this elsewhere on this thread

Which looks a little more likely, so it does look as if the OP gave an incomplete code, kind of like the Japanese transistors starting 2SA always leave off the 2S part and just print something like A1258 etc but it seems a bit naughty to print 2N60B instead of IXGH32N60B - they must have known some people would mistake this for the numbers used in the 50's!

Reply to
ian field

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:00:09 +0200, ian field ha scritto:

If you search for 2N60, you'll find more likely a germanium transistor If you search for 2N60B you'll find a IXGH32N60B, or SSW2N60B or SSI2N60B.ùàù

:)

--
Inty.Evolution
intiglietta@email.it -> per email normali e con immagini Jpeg
Reply to
Inty XP

no, the part number is correct. and its a 2N60B not 8 thats a "BEEEEE" not eight! and it is a 600V N-Mos Fet .

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

has the specs on both 2N60 & 2N60B from the 1970 Motorola Semiconductor data manual.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No way that's a 2N60B! The part numbers in that range were allocated around 1955 or so, and all those germanium transistors were obsolete by

1962.

I'd slip in a whole new power supply. At $30 to $90 it's cheaper than trying to fix an old one.

BTW there's a 79% chance there's more wrong with the old PS than just this blown transistor. How are the other semiconductors? How are those electrolytics? How's the FAN?

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker