Sony TV with no Sound!

Hi! My KV-29FS60D just went silent a couple of hours ago. I went into service mode and looked into error log.

It says: "J-B. MSP3410D, Sound Proc"

Does this mean that the Sound IC MSP3410D is dead or just needs resetting?

I;ve already tried turning on and off the TV, unplugging it from mains etc, but nothing changed.

Should I try resetting the sound device from service menu?

Thanx in advance!

Reply to
George P

Papa_J

Thanx for your answer Papa_J! :-)

I' ll try that. Hope that the MSP3410D is not blown, so that I can avoid taking the TV to the authorised service centre. It's a rather heavy TV... I' ll post the results tomorrow..

Ï "Papa_J" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:Z7ydnScM8fx2FObZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...
Reply to
George P