Sony SLV-D900 VHS/DVD player acting strange.

Turning on the power, the display flashes different characters, dvd will not eject, VHS tries to load tape, eventually it turns itself off.

Did not find any tips for this fault. Does it seem familar to anyone?

Thanks,

Jan

Reply to
Jack

I think I would start with the power supply, looking for low or poorly filtered voltage(s). Also would check solder connections, resoldering where indicated, and reseating various plugs and connectors. After which the thing would probably wind up in the scrap heap.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

where

Three high ESR capacitors in power supply. Now it works. Thanks.

JMK

Reply to
Jack