Sony SLV-770HF VCR - tape loading but not playing

I have a Sony SLV-770HF. It loads a tape but when I press play, the tape isn't playing. I took the cover off and it looked like the tape is being loaded properly. I see the tape loaded around the read spindle but it looks like the tape isn't going.

Anyone else seen this or have an idea of what I can look at?

Thanks in advance.

Gene

--
genemc
Reply to

Is the tape pressed between the pinch roller and capstan? Is the capstan turning?

Reply to
electricitym