Sata power cable

My newer computer has Sata cables. The main hard drive has a 5-pin power cable and I want to install a second hard drive but running into power cable problems.

The Molex connectors coming out of the power supply are all 4-pin, I have an adapter to convert the Molex into Sata, but the hard drive wasn't found when I booted.

I read the 5th wire is 3.3v and allows for hot swapping, but I'm wondering if the the computer couldn't find the hard drive because of the 3.3v.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Steve

Assuming you're running Windows and it's a new drive, Windows explorer won't see anything until the drive is partitioned (and formatted).

Reply to
Andy