PTK195Y06B pincushion problem

My father-in-law has an RCA P52960 TV with severe pincushioning. It only appeared to happen after the local cable company changed from TWC to Comcast and they installed a new digital cable box. I think this is just coincidence but maybe I'm wrong.

The centre is fine but the outsides are terrible. I have a pic I can send.

Any ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks

Reply to
bribieboy

Is it possible you can try another TV ? It might be a fault with the TV or a rare fault with the cable box possibly. Maybe pincushion settings if the TV has any that can be adjusted, not familair with RCA stuff as im in the UK but some do have the option to change such settings.

Duncan

Reply to
systemtek

OK. I bybassed the digital box and still the same. Also another TV works fine. Sorta points to the RCA. I haven't pulled the front cover off to see what controls are there. I've left there for now, next time I'm over I'll have a look.

Steve

Reply to
bribieboy

Check the convergence power supply, the board in the top right hand of the "light box"! Also, check the blue square high voltage capacitor, & large barrell diode in the pincushion correction circuit on the main board. Possibly, but unlikely, it could be the large convergence board bottom right hand side of the "light box"! Dani.

Reply to
Dani