Sony 18" SDM-M81 LCD Monitor Blank out problem

Sony 18" SDM-M81 LCD Monitor Blank out problem

I have a Sony 18" SDM-M81 LCD Monitor that blanks out after 20 seconds or so and the only way to bring it back is to unplug the power cord and then plug it back in. Turning the power on-off switch won't do it, it must be the power cord. I thought it must be the ac adapter overheating or the video card so I tried other computers and then a different ac adapter and still the same blank out.

Anyone have any ideas on what it might be and anyplace that does repairs.

The Sony repair in Wexford is no longer there.

Reply to
Dave

please reply to snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

plug