Sony KV-32HS500 6 blinks despite MCZ300D(B) chip replacement

Hello everyone,

I have a 32=94 Sony KV-32HS500 Trinitron flat screen CRT set. I acquired this set from a friend of mine who stated that the set led was blinking 6 times. Having prior knowledge of this (very common) issue I decided to see if I could resolve the issue. I replaced both MCZ3000D chips with the (updated) MCZ3000DB. These chips were purchased from Prelco in NJ (now out of business). After replacing these chips the set has worked flawlessly for the past 5 months.

This brings us to present.

Upon turning the set on last night, I could hear program audio but no picture. The set clicked and appeared like it would turn on however it shut down and I received 5 blinks. I attempted to turn on the set approx 5 or 6 times over the next 24 hours. I experienced the same symptoms. After about the 6th try, I now hear no audio, the set immediately shuts down and the led alternates between 6 and 7 blinks. I was able to find the service manual recently with schematics. Does anyone have any suggestions or a likely place to start looking? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Jstein

EDIT: Since posting this, the set blinks 6 times consistently.

Reply to
Jstein

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 05:22:28 -0700 (PDT), Jstein put finger to keyboard and composed:

Doesn't the service manual explain the blink codes?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

We need more info from the OP. Is the 200 volt line coming up? (it's not derived from the HV). Are either of the white Micron 0.1 ohm resistors open?

The entire board is probably still available; if not, Sony will rebuild them.

The part number of the board is A-1300-319-A (D board, complete).

Dealer cost 169.99 and a list price of 195.00. There is a core charge of I think 290.00 which the non-authorized servicer would need to pay up front, then get credited back when the core is returned.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

"Franc Zabkar" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

No horizontal ( H Stop), no raster, goes to blinking self diagnosis function immediately.Check C515 & 516 and the jungle IC,IC206.

Reply to
Fast