SONY KV-29LS30 (FE-2) OCP-Error ?

Dear fellows,

I have an 5 year old SONY KV-29LS30 TV set (Chassis FE-2) which started to shutdown itself from today resulting in the power LED flashing 2 times. I am able to switch the set back on once I turn off/on the main-power switch.

When I then enter error diagnosis menu with the well-known keystrokes on the remote, the error-diagnosis display a non-zero value for E02 (OCP) which was 12. After a while of normal operation the TV would shutdown again and so on, every time increasing the counter for the E02, but all other errors remaining zero.

An quick-Google research yielded a shutdown due to overcurrent a B+ (thus OverCurrentProtection) and one site blamed R618 (270K). Anyone has any further suggestions ?

Best Regards,

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz

Hello,

After some more deeper examination it appears that there must be some dry colder-joints. The malfunction can be triggered when I hit the table the set is on.

But where to look for them ? I read something about the M-Board ?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz

Hi folks,

I have sent the unit into SONY Service and they have reported a faulty resistor in the "system control circuit", according to their estimation, which will cost about US$ 100. A quick search on the net revealed that this will be probably due to faulty R618/270k:

I have asked the service to fix the set since I won't quarrel about it for just US$ 100 but I put the answer here for the records and to help others ;)

Most SONY sets really seem to be able to be fixed with online help-databases (I already fixed two other SONY sets on my own with that help).

Regards,

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz