Sony KP-53V35 Will not power up PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

I was given a Sony KP53V35 in hopes to fix it and give it to this lower income family in our church. The problem is Im trying to diagnose the exact problem and try o see if it does need a part is the part still available and is it worth getting it to repair. The problem is when the tv is plugged in and you push the power button it sounds like it is about to come on but then the timer/standby button blinks red and then shuts back down. I think it sounds like a power supply problem but I could use some second and/or third opinions. The tv was manufactured in September 1996. Exactly ten years ago. So I dont know if parts are even available. Thank you for any help.

Reply to
Mud_komander

Mud_komander ha escrito:

not familiar with this model but it sounds like the set is in protection mode due to a short or other problem on the power supply secondary side. Judging by your post I take it you have little experience in Tv repair. If so, I strongly suggest you do not go poking around in it, risking your life. Take it to a tech for a good diagnosis and estimate. regards, -B.

Look for a free one on

or

Homer J Simpson