Problem with TV not powering up correctly

Hello to all. I have this problem with a Sharp 32" TV that when you plug it in, push the power button, it'll start to power up, you'll hear the crackling of static, the high pitch of the tube engaging. Then after about 5-10 seconds, it shuts off and you can't power it up again. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to try to fix it rather than replace it. TIA, Bobby

Reply to
Korishan

Korishan: If you are expecting technical repair suggestions you must FIRST post the results of your initial troubleshooting, component tests, meter readings, etc, etc. If you have the necessary basic electronics experience, tools, and test equipment to fix your own television then you will have what you need to perform the required troubleshooting. If you are not certain how to proceed you should go to the website for this newsgroup at:

there, with some search time, you will find a wealth of troubleshooting tips, repair proceedures and IMPORTANT saftey information that will help you to stay away from the dangerous and lethal electrical shock hazards inside your television.... note that these shock hazards can still be present even when the television is disconnected from the AC power outlet.... be very careful. You might be best advised to TAKE your television to a service shop for, at the very least, a repair cost estimate so that you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of internet guesses. electricitym ,

. .

Reply to
electricitym

Thanks for your info. I'll check out the other newgroup and do some more research. I'm not familiar with newsgroups and wasn't sure exactly where to go. I have a few tools, but probly not all that i need to repair it. Just kinda wanted to see what possibilities were about repairing it.

Thanks again

Bobby

Reply to
Korishan

Thanks for your info. I'll check out the other newgroup and do some more research. I'm not familiar with newsgroups and wasn't sure exactly where to go. I have a few tools, but probly not all that i need to repair it. Just kinda wanted to see what possibilities were about repairing it.

Thanks again

Bobby

Reply to
Korishan

On 19 Sep 2005 20:00:18 -0700, "Korishan" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The TV is probably going into protection mode, possibly because it detects excessive beam current, or thinks it does. It could also be responding to excessive EHT voltage, but HV shutdown usually happens quicker than what you are observing.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar