Faulty ALL Function on Comcast Remote Control

The "ALL" button on my Comcast "Custom 3 Device Remote Control" has stopped working properly and only switches the cable box on and off, but no longer controls the TV.

It's not a "synchronization" problem, I know how to fix that.

When I press the ALL button, only the "Cable" button lights, and it blinks 3 times.

I have to press the "TV" button and then the "Power" button to turn the TV on or off.

I can also turn the cable box on or off by pressing the "Cable" button and then the "Power" button.

I can't find anything in the Remote Control manual describing this faulty action of the "ALL" button.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

It's a bad manual (not guessing, I've been there). The Comcast help menu might have instructions for doing the programming of the remote for the function you want; that function has to be turned OFF if you want to turn the TV off and let your TiVO record during the night.

Reply to
whit3rd

If it's digital cable, look at the onscreen menu features; that's where the techs put the most helpful stuff, they only update the web site as an afterthought.

The manual, might be the remote manufacturer's data; the remote you got, has locked-in Comcast firmware settings that only the local feed source knows about.

Reply to
whit3rd

I'm going to make a wild suggestion... weak battery in the remote control. The voltage is "sagging" by the time the sequencer gets to the TV power signal.

I no longer have one of these, so I can't check -- but are you supposed to hold down the button until everything comes on?

Finally... It might be that the unit is "busted". Of course, since the operation is under microprocessor control, this seems unlikely.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Let them fix the problem, since you're paying them for the service.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist!  I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Thanks for waking my tired brain.

That "thwock" you may have heard wherever you are was ME giving myself a "dope slap" to my forehead.

It was just run down batteries in the remote. I didn't think of that because all the other functions in the remote were working just as they should.

I checked the olde batteries with my little dry cell load tester and they both read down in the "discharged" range.

Jeff (Now known as the red faced EE)

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Yeah, but it's Comcast. It'll take three trips for the tech to figure out what's wrong. Each trip wasting 4 hours of your time since they can never give an exact time of when they'll come.

Reply to
JW

Based on my suggestion, the OP resolved the problem several days ago.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

You can't just exchange the remote over the counter?

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I suppose for a remote, you could. (Go ahead and ruin my fun!)

Reply to
JW