ATTN. Sam Goldwasser.

Hi Sam, I have some pics of the inside of the floating tracking and tangient mirrors found in the old Pioneer LD players if you'd like to add them to your page. The shaft the mirror-transducer for the PR7820 is kind of flimsy and it is prone to drifting. I've seen well over 2 dozen PR7820 players in the last 18 years and only 2 worked. One was o.k. the other had horrible video out put. All the others were DOA. The tracking and tangient mirrors for the LD-V1000 have a hollow brass shaft filled with rubber that sticks to the mirror at the other end. This design is more rigid and not as prone to drift with thermal cycles as the 7820 one was. If you can give me an e-mail I'd send these and more pics.

Reply to
prmodel3

I have one that works except for the rotted rubber sleeve on the spindle. :) The optics seemed perfect, very stable, slow and single frame worked perfectly (at least a few months ago last time I tried it).

I wonder if those like the LD-660 had a similar design.

Contact me via the Feedback form at

and I'll give you an email address via return mail.

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

tangient mirror assembly and this part is interchangeable. The VP1000, PR8210, LD-v1000, LD1100 and LD660 all use the same slider. Even the Magnox 8010 has the same slider as it is basicly the same player as the PR8210.The only difference between models is that the HEADA board and focus motor may have differences. The windings on the focus motor in an PR8210 have a highr resistance than the one in an LD-V1000.

Reply to
prmodel3

tangient mirror assembly and this part is interchangeable. The VP1000, PR8210, LD-v1000, LD1100 and LD660 all use the same slider. Even the Magnox 8010 has the same slider as it is basicly the same player as the PR8210.The only difference between models is that the HEADA board and focus motor may have differences.

You want some real unique laser stuff, i have a pair of Panasonic 12" Laser disk recorders from a military installation. They were 35K$ new or so.

Bob

Bob Urz

Not quite 100 percent. The VP1000 slider has the HeNe laser power supply voltage multiplier attached to it and the VP1000 uses a different HeNe laser power supply than the others. But I agree the optics are identical by visual inspection at least.

You mean Magnavox? Some of them I believe are totally different?

That's interesting, wonder why?

Yes, I know they are physicall interchangeable. But is the internal construction identical? I guess it is. But the LD-V1000 has a higher performance slider motor than the LD-660 even though the overall mechanism is basically the same.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

HeHeHeHe.... Might be interested.

But they probably weigh more than the early consumer LaserDisc players! :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Panasonic LQ 4000.

Bob

Bob Urz

and tangient mirror assembly and this part is interchangeable. The VP1000, PR8210, LD-v1000, LD1100 and LD660 all use the same slider. Even the Magnox

8010 has the same slider as it is basicly the same player as the PR8210.The only difference between models is that the HEADA board and focus motor may have differences.

the

How hard would it be to copy a CAV disc so that all the frame numbers match the exact location as on the original disc? All laser discs have to be fourth generation copies starting from the film, then tape then glass master disc ,then to the finished copy thats commercially availible. I really don't think a 5th generation copy would have that much quality loss as far as the audio annd video are concerned. Anyone ever try this? Are there still places that do "one-off's"?

News==----

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+ Newsgroups

prmodel3