Pioneer PD-M610 6cd player service manual

Pioneer PD-M600 changer. Presents disc but does not spin up then the same thing happens with each disc. Anyone any clues or where to get service manual, preferably free.

Reply to
F Murtz

Bad flex cable, dropped lens, dirty spindle motor, decayed rubber grommets, etc.

-- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Samuel M. Goldwasser

Motor does not attempt to start spinning,Have not checked for voltage at spindle motor yet, just had quick look so far. Would feel happier with schematic but the only ones I can find want money and I am a bit wary of paying for a pig in a poke.

Reply to
F Murtz

All that Sam said seconded. Have you checked that the lens is still in place ? Very common for it to come out and be rolling round in the bottom of the player somewhere ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

And despite the incredible precision involved in the optical pickup, gently pushing the lens back in place and securing it with a couple drops of 5 minute Epoxy often works! DON'T use Superglue! :( :)

--
    sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

subject line.  Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.
Reply to
Samuel M. Goldwasser

It seems the lense is missing,Aparently the owner (friend of a friend) moved house and then it stopped working,probably shook it loose.I think it has fallen through the bottom of the case. Would you still be able to get spares?

Reply to
F Murtz

Yes, not at all an uncommon scenario. It's not worth trying to replace the laser, as they are very expensive, and a bitch to set up. However, all is not lost ...

Whenever I get one of these in for repair that is missing its lens, and it's not in the bottom of the player, (two weeks ago was the last time) I replace it with one culled from a scrap Sony laser - typically a KSS213. If you have a local repair outfit for hifi equipment, they will have scrap Sony lasers coming out of their ears, and will be happy to let you have one. The lens comes out fairly easily, if you just pry at the crack where it joins the carrier, with a small scalpel blade. Once you have the lens off the carrier, you need to clean around the lip that was against the carrier, to remove ALL traces of the cement that held it there. You then need to very carefully scrape any glue residue from the carrier on the Pioneer head, being sure not to let any debris fall into the laser. The Sony lens can then be carefully dropped into the Pioneer carrier. It is *essential* that it lays *absolutely flat* in the carrier. Once you are happy that it does this, glue it in place. I know Sam says don't use superglue, and he's right because if used in excess, the fumes can cloud the lens. Never-the-less, I do use a tiny tiny amount of superglue, applied to the crack where the lens joins the carrier with the tip of a sewing needle. You can see the glue wick into the joint by capillary action.

Once you are happy that the lens is firmly back in place, re-install the deck, and give it a try. 90% of cases will just play right off. To restore good playability, it's usually necessary to carry out the standard adjustment procedure for Pioneers, which requires access to a 'scope, but is quite straightforward to do.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

You sure? It's not that small.

You can't buy just the lens, but there are parts units available probably from someone here or on eBay.

--
    sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

subject line.  Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.
Reply to
Samuel M. Goldwasser

Yeah, they do, Sam. The one I did a couple of weeks back, had disappeared completely

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily