Schematic for Ramsey CT-125 Frequency Counter

Anyone ever seen this? It's a cute little frequency counter that is supposed to go to 1.3 GHz, but only the 10 MHz and 60 MHz ranges work. The 1.3 GHz range is either non-responsive or erratic.

There's a house numbered chip, which may be the prescaler: 2-8758-229 with 274-227 below that.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks!

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

I assume you've tried Ramsey?

Is this the same company that makes all the kits?

Reply to
James Sweet

I think so, but there is nothing about this model on their Web site. I assume it's many years old, forgot to check the date codes.

I'll have to dig deeper, perhaps risk contacting them? What a concept?!

I really got it because it's small and I only need the 10 MHz range. But this is a matter of principle! :)

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

James Sweet wrote in news:e13Xj.11700$mc1.10406@trndny08:

I took high school electronics shop with a John Ramsey,Kenmore,NY. He was making FM wireless mikes at the time.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I have the CT-90, which only goes to 600 Mhz. Uses a different pre-scaler (11C90.) The schematic probably wouldn't do you much good. Couldn't find anything about the series on the Ramsey site. You could always contact them to see if they have something in the archives.

Dick

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Dick

I have sent them email. No reply so far.

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Could always give them a call, much harder to ignore, pain in the butt though, I hate calling places :)

Reply to
James Sweet

Once you get used to email.... :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: