So long, and thanks for all the fish

I've been an active participant here for around a decade, and owe much of what I know about repairing electronics from the helpful techs who have hung out here donating their time to share tips and information with others. Over that time, I've witnessed the steady and unfortunate decline of the service industry as goods get cheaper, more complex, and less repairable. I've also watched a steadily worsening signal to noise ratio here as more and more of the real techs drop out and find myself answering the same few questions over and over while by the time I get stuck on something I'm working on, it seems it's usually a really tough one that can't be easily solved through usenet posts. I know there's still a few of you regulars who have always been helpful, keep it up and maybe a few more items can be kept out of landfills or the inevitable demise of a few more repair shops can be delayed, you guys know where to find me if you need to bounce ideas around or just want to chat. In the meantime, I feel lately that my increasingly scarce free time is better spent elsewhere so I'm dropping out of here. Good luck.

Reply to
James Sweet

I'll miss reading your posts. Wish you success, and thank you for the help you've given me here.

Reply to
Mr. Land

Really wish you wouldn't do that James. Filter the crap, and stick around. As you say, there's precious few enough experienced people around on here, and every time one of us drops out, that's one less to answer the questions, even if they are repetitive and sometimes tiresome, and a narrower pool of expertise to be drawn upon ...

I have always valued your opinions and input to discussions, and will miss them if they are not here any more. Meanwhile, all the diodes in my left leg are hurting, and if you must go, I'll catch ya later in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe d;~}

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I agree. At least drop by once in a while.

Later. Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

He'll be back. :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Sam Goldwasser

Adios James we'll miss ya.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On 11 jun, 05:40, James Sweet wrote: I feel lately that my increasingly scarce free time is better

Shame. I echo others' comments - you're one of the few folk giving good useful suggestions here. whatever you decide, all the best. Ben

Hey James, you realy got hammered on the post titled flexible wire.. I don't understand what everyone's problem was. I enjoy reading your posts becuase they are usually intresting and informative. I hope that you will stop by in the future.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy