samsung sp-434 RP TV convergence

Hi,

I am trying to better configure the convergence on my Samsung SP-434 rear pro TV. The standard convergence control is pretty much useless. I have accessed the service convergence screeen which gives a lot more options to focus the picture - however, there are no instructions, and I am worried about mucking up settings.

Could anyone help with a set of instructions for this service convergence screen? Maybe a copy of the instructions from the service manual? I greatly appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks,

Phil

Reply to
andrea_n_phil

Try emailing the "help wanted" page of Television magazine, - this has the slight disadvantage however that you might have to buy the magazine to get all the replies, but try giving your email address anyway, some people with help might reply by email. Television magazine has been around many years, so should be easy to google.

Reply to
I.F.

Tell you what, tit for tat.

I have a Samsung in the shop I can't figure out how to get into the convergence section. I get into the main service menu fine.

I replaced convergence ICs in it and as expected it needs a touchup in the Hlin parameters. You tell me how to get to the section, I will figure it out and let you know. I suspect I didn't have quite the right remote.

Incidentally, what parameters do you need to adjust ? If no parts were changed, drift is usually due to yoke rotation or a slight loss of strength of the ring magnets. These problems should be corrected at the source rather than electronically because doing the latter will cause the convergence outputs to draw more power.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly