SAMSUNG CT505LD horizonal osc. keeps drifting

I have a Samsung Model#CT505LD color portable which I would appreciate a little help with.

Originally the yoke was arching.I fixed the problem only to find out that the horizonal osc. keeps drifting.I cleaned the osc control and soldered the printed board in and around the hor osc circuit,because I noticed if you tap on the side of the printed board it causes the picture to be shakey.This is most likely normal.When the osc goes off frequency you can adj the control on the rear of the set and get the picture straight until it changes freq again.I am wondering if soldering a cap,maybe say a (.01) across this control will help? Any help is appreciated,very much.

Reply to
Martin

Its been awhile since I worked on one of these, but if I remember correctly the horz hold control you cleaned is the consumer adjustment but there may be a pc pot on the board for coarse adjustment and I beleive they cover it with glue. Also possible B+ too high . Doug

Reply to
Doug