Samsung rear projection.

Model # HC-P4252W Chassis P59A. Bad convergence IC's STK 392-010, replace resistors, if necessary. Now, the unit, has burn-in on two CRT's. Is this common, & caused by the STK failure? Dani.

Reply to
Dani

I did one of those in Feb and the red tube had two vert lines dead center burn't into the tube

Reply to
nipperchipper

yep.

Reply to
Meat Plow

We had good luck doing several Samsungs like this 'til the CRT bug got us. Seems if the power supply goes in a certain way the spot killer fails. I'm not the Samsung guy in our shop so I can't give details, but it is a design flaw. The jugs can get burned very quickly after the STK's are replaced, even if they weren't burned when the set came in the door. Potential customer relations nightmare. Good idea to warn the customers of the possibility before the repair commences.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Certainly does sound like a design flaw, will Samsung own up to it?

Reply to
James Sweet

Not likely.

Reply to