RCA Projo!

RCA Model # P50599T made 1989. Have to do inhome service on it. Dead, anything common, like flybacks? Hard to get parts?Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Rono: FIRST, you need to POST the results of your initial BASIC trouble shooting and testing. "Dead" could be just about anything but you can start with the basics like the FUSE, raw B+, regulated B+, LOPT, HOT, etc. electricitym

- - - -

R> RCA Model # P50599T made 1989. Have to

Reply to
electricitym

Rono, what you need to include in your inquiry is the chassis number as well, suspect it is ctc169 if really dead(no standby voltage) than you need to carry

Tea2261, SGSIF461,470uf,35v; 47mf,35v;15uf,50v;2.2uf,100v and

3.0vzener.

kip Wrote:

--
masterteks
Reply to

\

Why? He obviously hasn't been out to look for it yet, I don't know anything about that particular model but a great many sets have common problems so if one comes out to the house prepared for those, there's at least a reasonable chance of getting it up and running without a repeat trip.

Reply to
James Sweet

James knows what he's talking about! I don't know why some Techs, just can't read a simple post. I'm going to a house, to look at a unit I never saw before, made in 1989, have no parts for it, & nobody wants to give it a try. Can't find anything online. I'm a Tech over 20 years. I'm doing all the work for the biggest shop around, & I don't know everything. Sometimes just need some info on "common problems" with certain units. Some of you come back with the same old stuff: "basic trouble- shooting"! I fix some of the hardest gear around. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Rono!! I think thats a Hitachi type guts take a pile of filter caps with you. If its the one i think it is maybe the Fly !!! maybe not.

Reply to
kip

Reply to
kip

RCA and Ge branded stuff from pre 1994 is nearly impossible to get many of the special parts, except for maybe the ctc169 chassis. Even now things like the focus/g2 blocks are in short supply for the 169.

I am guessing it is either the Hitachi based chassis or the CTC132 chassis. Very few real parts available except for the standard failures. The Hitachi chassis is known for piles of bad capacitors by now and commonly failing flyback and hv splitter, long since nla. The ctc 132 chassis is also known for the hv splitter failing and nla, plus lots of bad capacitors causing blanking picture. We always estimated $100 high on those due to the high likelyhood of finding other problems once the initial fault was repaired. Customers are always happier to get a bill a little less than estimated.

Reply to
dkuhajda

He could call and get the chassis number I suppose.

Reply to
James Sweet

Rono: Toronto? Vancouver? "the biggest shop around" and you "do all the work" ..... only one tech?...... I think that I would quit and go to work for myself. electricitym

Reply to
electricitym