RCA Projo troubles!

I got three of the model # D52W19, chassis # ITC222 RCA 52" HDTV Projection T.V.'s in for repair. One has the green CRT leaked, coolant gone everywhere, mind you, not a lot, and the blue CRT drive pcb is bad. it's warranty, & they recommend raplacing the whole CRT assy, only $ 100 + approx. Got another one with the rf broke off, & had to reconverge the whole screen. The third one has the red CRT arking, causing shutdown. These are store stock, & not even sold yet!

My question is: "Are these really that bad of a set"?

Reply to
Rono

Yes. They have replaced at least 4 customer sets that I know of due to them failing within first 90 days and parts not being available, right after the model was introduced.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Yup that's how bad it is. I hate those!! Effects all plastic bodied RCA projectors. (ATC221, ITC222, one other as well.)

Watch there is slight differences in same service model numbers, one has "B" in it is not same as ones without "B" in it.

Example: x52W19BYX1 & x52W19YX1.

I now have collection of bad CRTs or coolant leakers CRT growing at alarming rate from those plastic projectors.

Soon, I'll asking about one model that stubbornly shuts down in use even all CRTs was replaced. None was leaking anything and one had bad spot intially. Needed to do this because I can't balance them according to service manual instructions without upsetting projector. Now it shuts down with customer's picture standard settings but while in custom picture settings, it shuts down. By the way that's DTV307 chassis. Very heavy and not a light box so must disassemble to transport chassis (is a base!), another cursed chassis. But I'm glad this one is not as common. :)

As aside, another shoddies showed up in CTC203 as well, I don't mind the glue thing but mute pin is not functional by design, micro raised mute at same time as power off so get the "POP!" instead of raising the mute signal then power off in sequence to prevent that "POP". Not in EEPROM,this is programmed in the micro and there's no bulletin for that!

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.