RCA 20" combo.

M # 19TVR62, dead, horizontal output shorted, all checks ok otherwise. Are flybacks common in these? B+ is fine with output unsoldered, in standby, & at turn on. Rono.

Reply to
Rono

Rono: Replace the shorted HOT. Since you stated that "all checks ok otherwise" (whatever that means) I am assuming that you checked for shorted flyback derived B+ loads and any of the electrolytics and diodes in and around that circuitry. Check for cracked or cold solder connection near and around the fly, hdrive xfmr, and other heat producing parts. Dust off your scope and check for "startup" H pulses when turning on the set? Also.... "ring" the fly to be certain that it is OK..

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Rono"  wrote in message
> M  # 19TVR62, dead, horizontal output shorted,
> all checks ok otherwise. Are flybacks common in
> these? B+ is fine with output unsoldered, in standby,
> & at turn on. Rono.

Reply to
sofie