RCA Projo...dead.

I Got a call out of town on an RCA D52W15 ITC 222. Dead, power led flashes three times & won't start, customer says it sounds like it's trying to come on. Ideas? Thanks, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

Those flybacks are notorious for going also taking out the HOT.. That's a place to start first Dani

Reply to
kip

Take a 205064 HV splitter with you as well as a 47uf and a 470uf both

50 volt for the power supply in case. Measure the horiz. B+ while it's trying to start. If it's in the range of 140 to 150, money's on the splitter. If it shoots above 160vdc, change the caps in the power supply.

Tech Data

Thanks Kip, I picked it up, & put the power supply/horizontal board in another unit, & it runs fine. All the boards check fine in another set, & even with the CRT's unplugged, it won't come on. To "Tech data guy"...wrong chassis. This is the latest RCA 52" projo..not the old style. Thanks all the same for the input. Dani

Dani wrote:

Reply to
Dani

PSSSSSSSST!!

This is for PTK169/PTK187 I think.

The ITC222 is completely and throughly DIFFERENT from old. 31KHz horizontal frequency design, 120Hz vertical freq. Designed for HDTV and upconverted low resolution signals.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Reply to