RCA Plazma TV.

RCA Plazma, under warranty, Model # P42WED33, unit has vertical bars running down the right hand side of the screen, about 1/3 of the screen has lines that can be seen only on dark scenes, & they are in threes, & some by themselves. Also, some tiny noise specs throughout the pix on analog tuner, as qwell as some slight burn-in. This is practically brand new. First one I have seen. Are parts even available for these? I read that LCD, & some other units, have no parts, just replacement. Has anyone worked on this nuit? Thanks, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

Screen burn is permanent, the bars are likely bad drivers bonded to the panel which also means the set is not economical to repair if that's the issue.

Reply to
James Sweet

re: Plasma screen burn I have had some success minimizing mild cases of screen burn-in on Plasma screens by displaying a 100% APL white screen from my video signal generator for several hours.... after two or three sessions the screen burn-in may all but disappear in some cases..... I agree with James Sweet though.... screen burn is permanent in all but very mild cases. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

Reply to
Sofie