RCA TV 32F530T pix tearing horizontal lines

Starting problem Dead TV. RCA 32F530T, chassis ATC113CD4, year 2004. I Replace flyback # 257807 along with the H-O/P XSTR (2SC5148 original Toshiba).

Problem fix. Everything work fine, except i have hatching or tearing lines at

one or two places on the screen depending on the white level (contrast), always moving in half screen area on the top. Same symptom with video and RF input. If i lower the vertical height, tearing lines disappear. No error code in service mode.

I replace the flyback 3 times with different part # and suppliers (not original

RCA flyback, NLA) , 257807, 257805 and ACME-2632 (replacement for RCA #261163). Still have exactly the same problem with 2 tv set. I checked parts in the horizontal and vertical circuit, DC supply, everything looks good. Ear low noisy flyback. See pictures I do a lot of research on the web and nobody has experienced this problem. Any suggestion? Bulletin note? Jungle ic? Damper diode failure? Flyback incompatible??? Someone saw that before? Thanks Pierre

Reply to
Cailloux

Seems many of the after market LOPT being supplied for the RCA sets exhibit all kinds of similar symptoms whne used. Have seen the same issues many times when attempting repairs on these RCA sets. No support from Thomson Corp at all!! Remember when RCA was a major developer in consumer electronics, now that 3 letters stands for 'Real Crappy Appratus'. IMHO. Seen way too many of their sets, only 2-4 years old, that specific parts are not available.

Reply to
AJ

Pictures RCA TV 32F530T pix tearing horizontal lines Link:

Cailloux

That's a bad case of Moire. You might Google your model number and add Moire and see what shows up.

Reply to
Meat Plow

It is bad,but I don't think the OP is asking about that, but instead the jagged tear that most of the images show.

It looks like he has two problems, not one. Wonder what the horizontal sweep and sync looks like on the scope?

Reply to
PeterD

The picture is clear, the moire effect is due to the camera. The tearing lines seems to be a sync or timing problem.

Reply to
Cailloux

Some people have reported problems with strange behaviour when replacing flyback. The horizontal circuit its a feedback loop, it is not easy to synchronise on the specific tearing lines. Service data and data sheet are not in details. I replaced some discret parts, and change some value (resistors, caps) just to see the behaviour. May be its the jungle chip, gemstar module, software correction... I already spend 90$ on that %|#&=....

Reply to
Cailloux

Ahh ok, just didn't look at it well. Now, at what stage in the horizontal would cause that without knocking the sync out altogether?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Yeh I'd sure like to get a look at that.

Reply to
Meat Plow