RCA CTC 203CX HOT keeps blowing...help

I have an RCA CTC 203CX, the high output transistor keeps blowing, Q4401. R4509 has changed colours ... is the measurement for this 220 OHMS 1 W??

R4305 a 22 Ohm resistor (?), has changed in value to 2 1/2 k ohms.

R4119 has also fried in the set. It measures at 15 k ohms and should be 10 ohms. The capacitor that is in conjuntion with this resistor is C4111 and has also lowered in value. Are these values correct for these parts according to schematics ?? Is there anything else I should be checking for ?

Also an audible squeal from the flyback transformer when AC is supplied. Which makes me think there is an overload, something drawing to much current ??

Please help !!

James

Reply to
Karen Ray-Stewart

Did you remove the little choke near the Q4401 ( L14401 ) clean the holes and remove the glue then reinsert. This is famous for blowing the Q4401. and so are the Flybacks.

Reply to
kip