Philips TV

15-20 year old TV (mod 2699-04) gave out with smoke from component resister R403 (small disk raised off the board). Does anyone know the specs for this resister? It maay be that something elso caused this resister to overhaeat, if anyone has a suggestion I would love to hear from you.

thanks

Gary snipped-for-privacy@chebucto.ns.ca

Reply to
Gary Collins

Do you know what chassis it is?

Reply to
Barney

thanks for responding. The chassis # is 26C9-04 and the model is PNH613 CH01 (built in 1987). The V across the resister is 115 and only drops to 85V with an R = ~100s ohms across it which draws a high current. I don't have a schematic to track down what's going on.

Reply to
ab199

I'm sorry but I don't recognise the chassis (doesn't sound as if that is a chassis type). What are the symptons that you have with the set?

Reply to
Barney

It is a special surge limiting resistor/thermistor. nap part # 483511637005

They would commonly fail with no other problems. If you have a variac, simply jumper the R403 and start the tv ac line off at 60VAC and bring it up slowly to 120VAC to see if there are any other problems. Then try and turn the tv on and make sure there are no other problems.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Thank you, I jumpered R403, used a variac and everything worked fine. I will now look for a replacement part so that it will be safe. Thanks again to all who replied.

- Gary Collins

Reply to
ab199