RCA CTC130 SCR

I have an RCA tv with a CTC-130 chassis. One day, it would not turn on. Found bad line fuse and shorted HOT. Replaced fuse and HOT. It only powers up for a second and shuts off (fuse and HOT are OK). Found a shorted SCR, in the shutdown circuit.

What could have caused the SCR to short out? What should I be looking for.

Also, how critical is the type of SCR used as a replacement?

Reply to
gtom03