Resistor colour code problem

I have a resistor that I cannot read the colour code on. There are 2 photos of it at

Can anyone advise?

Thanks Julian

Reply to
groups

Probably 2.2ohm 1/4 watt red 2, red 2, silver 10% gold 5% (tolerance) it acts like a fuse. Better check for a short after that or you'll be burning those as fast as you can replace them.

Reply to
Floyd Gilmour

I think the value is lower than that. Silver as a multiplier is x.01, so probably 0.22 ohms at 5% tolerance.

Have a look at

which should confirm it. I would agree, however, that there is probably something else wrong, for the resistor to have failed like this. If it is an output transistor emitter resistor, then the transistor it is connected to, as well as possibly others in the vicinity, is almost certainly fried.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

.22 ohms, 5% ?

-- "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

"

Reply to
Jamie

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He's the kind of guy who would pat you on the back in front of your face, and

If you are inclined to email me for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)

Reply to
mm

Maybe the R's are still good (even tho' overheated) If I am correct, most resistors would fail Open-Circuit.

Perhaps a Low Value Ohmmeter will be able to give insight into the value.

Reply to
Peter Kolbe