Resistor colour code problem

I have a resistor that I cannot read the colour code on. There are 2
photos of it at

http://www.uuuu.co.uk/resistor /

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Julian

Re: Resistor colour code problem

Probably 2.2ohm 1/4 watt   red 2, red 2, silver 10% gold 5%
(tolerance) it acts like a fuse. Better check for a short after that
or you'll be burning those as fast as you can replace them.

Re: Resistor colour code problem

I think the value is lower than that. Silver as a multiplier is  x.01, so
probably 0.22 ohms at 5% tolerance.

Have a look at

http://www.dc-daylight.ltd.uk/Valve-Audio-Interest/Component-Colour-Codes/Component-Colour-Codes.html

which should confirm it. I would agree, however, that there is probably
something else wrong, for the resistor to have failed like this. If it is an
output transistor emitter resistor, then the transistor it is connected to,
as well as possibly others in the vicinity, is almost certainly fried.

Arfa

Re: Resistor colour code problem
.22 ohms, 5% ?

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

"Daily Thought:

Re: Resistor colour code problem
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:15:33 -0500, Jamie

He's the kind of guy who would pat you on the back in front of your
face, and

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM  :-)

Re: Resistor colour code problem

http://www.dannyg.com/examples/res2/resistor.htm

prove it.
Re: Resistor colour code problem
Maybe the R's are still good (even tho' overheated)
If I am correct, most resistors would fail Open-Circuit.

Perhaps a Low Value Ohmmeter will be able to give insight into the value.