RCA 27V530T No Video

Been in electronics for years but focused on radio and communications. Only minor work in television.

My Sister gave me the following unit. It's a 2003 model that was working great. She turned it on a couple of weeks ago and now there is no video. Still get power LED and sound. No static on CRT at startup. She bought a new one and gave this one to me. Any suggestions appreciated.

RCA/Thomson Model: 27V530T Service: 27V530TYX1 Chassis: ITC008FBK

Thanks, GLW

Reply to
Gary

Tried video in?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Reply to
Gary

If the CRT is dark, the failure is most often in the high-voltage, horizontal scan section. Check the horizontal output transistor.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Reply to
Art