RCA 27" dead, won't start!

RCA Model # F27665YX1 Chassis # CTC203AX, with onboard tuner, & one ribbon Gemstar module, dead, nothing blown, standby voltages ok. + 139 volt,+ 33 volt, - 11.9 volt, + 2.4 volt, & + 5 volt are all ok, but no + 12 volt input to U14104. At startup, as the unit tries three times to come on, I get about + 7 volts that momentarily comes up, & drops right away. Even with a low current source applied to U14104, the unit won't start. I replaced the flyback with a "known good one". I don't have a "known good" Gemstar module, but I took it out, & tried another one, still no go. Cr 14701 flyback secondary was the cause of a set with a similar problem, but this one got me stumped. Any ideas anyone? Thanks, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

Dani: I had a CTC203 like that a year ago. It turned out that the LM317 voltage regulator on the Gemstar was defective. Hope this helps... John

Reply to
jdgill