Toshiba SD-3960 No Audio

I have a Toshiba SD-3960 DVD player that produces vido OK but no sound. Some Toshiba DVD players seemed to have had problems with caps but I have beeb unable to inpoint which caps on this model. Any help would be greatly appreciated - hate to put it in the scrap pile!

Reply to
Emilio

The caps on the ones that gave trouble, were two small electrolytics near the back of the main board. I can't remember the numbers of them, but they were only low value little things - 47u or 100u or something like that. They were decouplers for the +/- 12v supplies to the buffer opamps, and it was usually the one on the negative rail that went short. AIR, the original Toshiba original fix was to just cut them out. Shouldn't be too hard to establish that one of the rails is missing of the opamps, and then to find a nearby cap that's short.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

The cap numbers identifiedin previous posts for the model that gave the same problem (no audio) were C927, C928 & C929. None of these numbers match with what is on the printed ciercuit board for this model. There are 12 caps grouped on the left hand corner by the RCA jacks and because it is a multilayed board, I really cannot (or don't know how) to trace them.

Any suggestions on how to actually do this would be greatly appreciated. I have never worked ona multilayerd board before!

Emilio

Reply to
Emilio Sturino