I DONE IT!!!!

Bought and downloaded the service manual for my PTV 51DX80A for $25 bucks.

Was able to tweak the point/line CONV after figuring out which buttons did what on the remote. Shame the manual doesn't tell you how to change the cursor to move then change data and change colors then what button to store that data. I just started pushing buttons and looked at what happened. :) Also went through the B menu (video/picture/hue/saturation etc..) and tweaked/verified those settings per the manual. Once you get the hang of it, the menu system is rather easy to navigate but you damn sure need those serviceman mode pages like others here mentioned. But for what I paid for it it saved me a $100 service call and I'm sure I spent more time tweaking the point and line CONV precisely than a paid service person would have.

(Me grabs a stack of DVDs, some popcorn and a six pack to celebrate)

Reply to
Meat Plow