Panasonic TV model CT32X31E shuts off whenever it wants to

This set is driving me nuts. The customer says that for the past 2 or 3 months the set would just shut off sometimes. He found that he could not turn it on again unless he unplugged it for a few seconds. Finally it quit completely. I found the 6.3A line fuse open, but it wasn't blackened like it would be from a dead short. This fuse had a minute break in it. I have seen this happen before where there was no apparent reason. I checked for any obvious shorts ans I found none. I then touched up any suspicious soldering (although I didn't really see anything suspicious), and I replaced the fuse with a 4.0 amp because the 6.3's were in the van and thats what I had nearby. The set came on looked great and the fuse has held up fine, however three times during the course of 2 hours the set has shut down for no reason. I haven't seen it actually happen so I have no specifics to share. I try to power up again and just like the customer said, it does nothing until you pull the plug for a few seconds and then retry. Set comes back on and again plays for an undetermined amount of time before it decides to once again shut down. I have no schematic for this thing and I was wondering if anyone might have any information on this symptom relating to this model? Or might someone perhaps have a schematic for this chassis that they could share with me? Thanks very much for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Does it still require unplugging to come back on? If so, it may be the uP.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

I see a lot of Panasonics with bad soldering on the power supply regulator IC. You should stop using it until it's fixed or you may cause more damage. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Well this power supply does not use the stk IC. I know which one you're talking about Andy. Also I've been running the set with the degaussing coils disconnected because they're too short for the bench. Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002