Plasma question

Hi I got my Panasonic Plasma today, at present I don't have digital, so its analogue. So when I was watching some shows, were not full screen. Also on nine, just Temptation was full screen, however when they went to an ad break, the add was not full screen.

Is this all normal ? whats the problem?

I am getting Foxtel digital next week, with digital will it stop this problem. ? Thanks again

Reply to
Tim

reset things the way you want in screen menu

Reply to
a t e c 7 7

Yes it's normal. The actual visible aspect ratio of the image changes based on the source material used in the transmission.

Digital or analog is not your problem. The same thing will happen with either. On digital TV most stuff is 16:9 widescreen, but ad's, cartoons and older shows are all 4:3, so you gets the black bars on the side. On analog TV it's the opposite, most stuff is 4:3 but then some stuff is presented in 16:9 widescreen do you get the black bars top and bottom. Some TV's can automatically adjust the picture to fit the screen, but then the aspect ratio is wrong and it looks horrible IMHO.

BTW, I've heard the Foxtel picture is crap quality, free-to-air HD is much better quality. Just being "digital" does not make it good.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones