Toshiba TheaterView Projection TV with display problem

Our 50" set is vertically compressing the display. When it's first turned on its compressed at the top and bottom, almost like a letter box except the top and bottom lines are squished together. As it warms up, the top returns to normal but the bottom stays compressed so that the bottom 1/6 of the screen is black. Also, their is noticeable barrel distortion. Nothing changes when switching between RF and video inputs.

Any idea what could be causing this? (besides the fact that I just finished a custom cabinet to put it in?)

Thanks.

Reply to
dnm

Art

You have a VERY PHYSICALLY SECURE faulty connection, or something really wierd. By really secure I mean it is probably inside a coupling cap, If that set uses one for the yoke V windings the first thing I would do is at least jump it out with like a 470 or better. Make sure you got a 200V unit in your hand if you like your hand.

If most of the distortion is at the top you might have a bad boost cap, if not replaced will overheat the verttical output and cause it's failure.

One other possibility is the ramp cap itself.

If you're a tech you will understand: check all the caps in the C3XX series, especially the ones near the jungle IC. This is of course after the soldering is over with. You might also have low B++, but to tell I would need a very well articulated description conforming to a set of questions.

If not a tech, perhaps you see why we charge money ?

If you're not a tech stay outta there.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly