viewsonic lcd monitor

working on a viewsonic lcd model va720 with a strange problem; it starts out fine has a great picture for aprox 1 hour then half the screen right side gets distorted & whitish

it is from top to botom & takes up half the screen.If you turn the monitor off then on again,picture will be good again for 5 seconds then distorts again.I have tried to freeze components but no luck. please help if you can.

thanks.....tbmanitou

--
tbmanitou
Reply to

working on a viewsonic lcd model va720 with a strange problem; it starts out fine has a great picture for aprox 1 hour then half the screen right side gets distorted & whitish

it is from top to botom & takes up half the screen.If you turn the monitor off then on again,picture will be good again for 5 seconds then distorts again.I have tried to freeze components but no luck. please help if you can.

thanks.....tbmanitou

--
tbmanitou
Reply to
tbmanitou

You did not have to post this question 2 times.

Obviously there is a component that is temperature sensitive. When the monitor is heating up, the component starts to go off value.

You can usually find these with a heat gun, and a can of freeze-spray. You can heat and cool the various areas until you zero in on the faulty component(s). Most of the time capacitors cause this type of fault in these monitors.

The components in your monitor are mostly surface mount types. You will have to have the parts source and the proper tools, and be prepared to do surface mount type soldering to change most any of the defective parts you find.

Normally Viewsonic, as like the rest of these manufactures, hardly service these boards at the component level. They change the complete circuit board, and then use their interface system to do the setup of the new board if necessary. As for parts and service information, they do no sell this to non authorized contractors for them. Unless you are very innovated, in the end you will probably have to send them the monitor for service.

--

JANA
_____

"tbmanitou"  wrote in message

working on a viewsonic lcd model va720 with a strange problem; it starts
out fine has a great picture for aprox 1 hour then half the screen right
side gets distorted & whitish
it is from top to botom & takes up half the screen.If you turn the
monitor off then on again,picture will be good again for 5 seconds then
distorts again.I have tried to freeze components but no luck. please
help if you can.
thanks.....tbmanitou
Reply to
JANA

these

have

surface

board,

non

It was probably a glitch with his news reader, not a big deal.

Also he said he already tried freeze spray, I'm surprised that it didn't locate the problem though as it does sound like a thermal issue.

Reply to
James Sweet