Pioneer Home Reciever Model SX-315 Shuts Off After 30 Seconds Or So

My Pioneer home reciever will turn on but shuts off after 10-30 seconds. I was using it one day and I turned down the music cause I was just testing the new speaker set-up I had just hooked up and about

10-15 seconds after I turned down the music, the reciever just shut off. It hasn't worked properly since. I know it has to be a rather minor problem or it wouldn't even turn on in the first place. I tried replacing the fuse but it requires an 8amp 125v but the only two fuses I could find even remotely close to that in the area I live in (the middle of nowhere Minnesota) is a 7 1/2amp 32v and 5amp 125v. I think this maybe the problem and I would really appreciate any help I can get. Please email me your suggestions to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com as the snipped-for-privacy@msn.com is my parents email.
Reply to
bjcuda

Although the fuses should be the correct rating when you get to the bottom of the problem, if the ones that you are putting in are not blowing, then they are not the problem. If you were messing with speaker setups prior to its unfortunate demise, then it is far more likely that you have done some damage to the output stages by either accidentally shorting the output, or by sustained high output running with speakers of too low a nominal impedance, connected.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Listen to the man - he speaketh truth.