27'' Philips shuts off in 10 seconds

Model 27PT543537A made in 2004 silver case . First it had a shrunk in from the sides and squeezed in the middle picture and would shut off after a few seconds . I replaced ( esr bad ) C 2455 next to the H. osc coil and it fixed the shrinking stuff . The set turns on normal and shows a good picture but at the count of 10 seconds exactly every time it shuts off leaving the green power light on Turn off & back on and it repeats this .

Also if i keep pushing the channel buttons the set will stay on till i stop pushing . Any hope for this ?

Thanks

Reply to
Ken G.

Did you check the Timer in the Menu.

Reply to
kip

There would not be a feature for 10 seconds silly !

Reply to
Ken G.

can't find that one, what chassis is it? you'd better hope it isn't the A10e with that awful micro (google philips painter chip)...think that was a littleearlier though, 2001-ish

-B.

Its Chassis LOI . IU AC . 7638 Off the label on the back . I know Phiips sets are not so loved ... I`m trying to get it fixed for a resale shop .

Thanks for your help !

Reply to
Ken G.